Laughter is the Best Medicine
I used to love reading those funny moments in the Readers Digest when I was a kid. This week I've had a few of my own moments with the kids. Maybe they're only funny to me, but I'm going to record them for posterity.
Isaac and I were listening to a little Sesame Street in the car and the cookie monster "C" is for Cookie song had just ended.
Isaac: Mom, does cookie really start with "C"?
Me: It sure does. "C" says "kuh" like kuh, kuh, cookie.
Isaac: Hmmm. That monster's pretty smart.
Calvin spent the night at the Tillmans last night. We officially don't do sleepovers except with cousins but since we've known the Tillmans for nearly 20 years I count them as family. Anyway, when I picked him up this morning he ran me through the list of delicious foods he had eaten over the last 24 hours including homemade donuts, bacon, and green smoothies for breakfast. Then he said: "Now I know the luxurious life the Tillmans have." So cute!
Mikey was being naughty during Sacrament meeting today so I had to take him out to the foyer. While we were sitting on the chair in the foyer he saw the button to push to automatically open the door and asked if he could push it. Trying to keep him reverent and teach him a bit of manners, I whispered "no, that button is just if you are in a wheelchair." He whispered back, "Mom, I am in a real chair, see?" pointing at the chair we were sitting in.
Isaac and I were listening to a little Sesame Street in the car and the cookie monster "C" is for Cookie song had just ended.
Isaac: Mom, does cookie really start with "C"?
Me: It sure does. "C" says "kuh" like kuh, kuh, cookie.
Isaac: Hmmm. That monster's pretty smart.
Calvin spent the night at the Tillmans last night. We officially don't do sleepovers except with cousins but since we've known the Tillmans for nearly 20 years I count them as family. Anyway, when I picked him up this morning he ran me through the list of delicious foods he had eaten over the last 24 hours including homemade donuts, bacon, and green smoothies for breakfast. Then he said: "Now I know the luxurious life the Tillmans have." So cute!
Mikey was being naughty during Sacrament meeting today so I had to take him out to the foyer. While we were sitting on the chair in the foyer he saw the button to push to automatically open the door and asked if he could push it. Trying to keep him reverent and teach him a bit of manners, I whispered "no, that button is just if you are in a wheelchair." He whispered back, "Mom, I am in a real chair, see?" pointing at the chair we were sitting in.

Comments
Post a Comment