Disneyland Day 1-2











I wasn't sure we would actually make it here. I think Isaac asked nearly every 5 minutes on the 6 hour drive if Disneyland was over the next hill. After answering "Not yet" for 5 hours and 55 minutes, I wasn't sure if we'd ever get here. I'm sure he felt the same way.

But here we are at the Happiest Place on Earth. We've only had a few tears. They are short lived since the kids know they cannot spend their $25 Disneyland gift card if their tyrannical parents decide they have not earned them. (Even though we gave them to them for Christmas, I figure we can still hang that over their heads to exact good behavior while on family vacation, right?)

We can't believe that the balance of the force has shifted. It used to be that our kids always tired out before we did. They were the ones falling asleep in the stroller or on our shoulders while we tried to squeeze in one more ride. Now we are begging them to go back to the hotel and chill while we catch our breath. Now, to be fair, it's a lot of work rounding up, entertaining, feeding, walking, carrying and keeping track of 5 kids at Disneyland but come on guys. . . 11 1/2 hours on the first day? That's just crazy! Even then we had to force them to head home with bribes of Papa John's pizza at 8pm. They didn't even want to stop for lunch!

Honestly though, we've had a great time so far. We've taken our time and done lots of random, little things that you never take time to do at Disneyland like "Innoventions." Who knew they had a giant science museum in that big building in the middle of Tomorrow Land? We even watched a show with a real, live robot built by Honda. Pretty interesting.

Isaac got picked for the Jedi Training Academy and got to fight Darth Vader. He wanted to be picked so badly! We got there 15 minutes early and he sat cross-legged with his arms folded until the show started because I think he thought if he was reverent enough he would get picked. I finally had to tell him to raise his hand and jump up and down (that's what the Jedi Master said to do if you REALLY wanted to get picked). Once he was picked, I don't think that kid even cracked a smile. He was so intense and focused, not wanting to miss a single instruction. He got to be up on the stage right next to the Jedi Master. It was pretty cute.

Mikey has been so brave and cooperative wearing the "Magic Boots" that allow him to grow 3 inches in just seconds so he can magically be tall enough for Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain (which he cried all the way through), Splash Mountain (which he LOVED) and Star Tours. It's pretty awesome seeing him tip toe with his boots on because there are so many napkins shoved in the bottom that his heels are nearly three inches higher than his toes. Even Isaac got to sport Mom's Magic Boots to be tall enough for Indiana Jones (which he LOVED). Nice how Jeff calls them "Mom's" Magic Boots and makes me walk in with the child wearing them. He says I'm better at bending the rules than he is. Maybe I shouldn't be writing this at all. Now you all know my secrets. (Both of you that read my blog (Mom and Elena)) :)


Comments

  1. Yay! The magic boots worked! I'm glad those littles can enjoy everything. Mikey will have to wear them next time he plays with Ave so she's not so Amazon next to him. Love that Isaac fought the dark side. I bet he kicked behind. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog too! When I saw the picture of Isaac on stage I laughed so loud Elizabeth had to come over and see, then she laughed too. Wish I could have seen that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts