Gratitude
Today I am grateful for freedom and peace. I have been reading a book called "Surviving Hitler" about a Jewish Woman and an SS Soldier and their experiences during WWII. They witnessed and lived through so much horror. Their stories are remarkable and terrible. Filled with unbelievable atrocities and the power of hope. Tonight Mikey and I sat in the comfy chair in his cozy bedroom reading books, then he said his prayers and I snuggled with him in bed for a few minutes while I watched him close his eyes and fall peacefully asleep. As I sat there watching my little boy peacefully sleep in his own little bed, I was so grateful for freedom and peace. I was so grateful that I had the privilege of reading a book with him. So grateful that he can sleep peacefully with no fear or hunger or pain. So grateful that I can kiss each one of my kids goodnight and know that I will see them in the morning. I am so grateful to live in a time and place of peace and freedom. So grateful that those who have come before me have sacrificed so much so that I can have that peace and freedom. I hope I can live up to the privileges I have been given. And I hope I can find a way to help others enjoy those same privileges.

Comments
Post a Comment