It's Been Ages...
It's been
ages since I've posted anything on our family's blog and too much happens in a
week, let alone 16 or so months so there's no way to ever "catch up."
But I am going to try to start up the habit again. I really stopped writing
here when I started writing our missionary in Ghana. In September of 2016, Elena told us about this opportunity to write a missionary in Ghana who didn't have
anyone writing them. There were 4 names on the list and I chose Collins
Yao Gbettie and started writing him. I have written him every week since then.
He has been such a blessing to me in my life and to our family. He is a great
example of selfless service and positivity. He writes to me every week as well
and I love getting his letters. He has called me “Mom” from the 2nd
week and even called me in May for Mother’s Day. It was so sweet! It has made
my Sundays and Mondays even sweeter being able to write him and hear from him
each week. I am so excited for my other kids to serve missions and to write
them each week. But for now, I am soaking in every minute they are under my
same roof and pushing away the tears when I think about them growing up. But I
am also so excited for them to go out on their own and do wonderful things and
have amazing growing experiences…both good and bad. (Being a mom is hard 😢😂😄).
-->

Comments
Post a Comment