Happy 11th Anniversary!






Last Saturday Jeff and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. We decided to take a little couples trip and spend a long weekend in Park City without kids. I wanted adventure, Jeff wanted romance. Kind of opposite of your typical couple I guess.

Anyway, our plan was to start out with a little adventure: 4-wheeling up American Fork canyon for most of the day on Thursday before heading up to Park City (romance and adventure). Well we were about 3 hours into our trip when I rolled my 4-wheeler coming down a trail. No, I was not being a daredevil or reckless. Clumsy maybe. I'll document the story since I know you all want to know what happened. :)

I was going downhill on the trail. It was not too steep of a hill, but it was on the side of the mountain so there was a steep cliff/hill on one side. The trail was also slanted sideways so I was tilted on the 4-wheeler while coming downhill. I really wasn't even going that fast but I hit a rock and then a big hole (that I couldn't see because it was behind the rock) with my downhill tire. That jerked my handlebars and threw my balance over and immediately threw me off. My momentum brought the 4-wheeler over too. Luckily it kept going a bit before rolling over so it didn't hit me. I was wearing a helmet and gloves, trying to be safe. But I was wearing shorts (it was over 100 degrees and I just didn't think about it). I got a good road rash on my leg and elbow and a few good gashes on my knee. I didn't really want to go to the doctor but after a dozen people told me I should, I decided they were probably right. We spent 3 hours that day at the InstaCare and I ended up getting 23 stitches. Jeff filmed most of the sewing but I thought those of you who are squeemish might not appreciate that.

We still went on our trip to Park City. The only thing I couldn't do was swim or relax in the hot tub. We still did the Alpine Slide/Coaster, saw Harry Potter, did a little bargain shopping, golfed 18 holes and ate way too much good food (Jeff's favorite part of any vacation). I guess I can honestly say Jeff always leaves me in stitches! Hahaha!

Comments

  1. You poor thing! That looks painful! OOWWIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's not the way you want to start off a romantic getaway with the hubby. I'm glad you were still able to go...but sorry you were in pain. Happy Anniversary to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOWW! I would vote for a little less adventure next time. Bryan crashed on his mountain bike and is still nursing some gnarly wounds. Life can be dangerous when you are in your 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I always feel a little uneasy on those things- now I know there is good reason! I hope you didn't have too much pain- and a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're okay. I rolled a 4-wheeler a few years back and it scared me to death! Such a freak accident, sounds like yours was too. Hope youre doing okay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts