Christmas Break

...and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!

But really, it has been a fantastic break. I've been behind on my posts, but here's a sampling of our Christmas Break:


Kate discovers Angry Birds.

Mikey "loves" Cosmo, our new kitten.

Beautiful! I will miss this neighborhood! I am going to thoroughly enjoy it for the next 6 months and miss it like crazy after that!
Too many sick kids over break. First Kate, then Mikey, then Isaac, then Kira. I kept thinking "who's next?" And guess who was next... Yep, me. Bummer.
Gingerbread houses with Nana & Jason. So FUN! They kept falling apart so we tried hot glue. That didn't work on the gingerbread so we moved on to graham crackers. Hot glue works on graham crackers so we were set!

Our new guard. We put the wooden Santa at the top of the stairs on Christmas Eve as a warning to the kids below.
Yes, Isaac chose a hot dog over the Christmas ham. Crazy! I think that was 3 nights in a row even! He skipped salmon, ham and pork tenderloin. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I bother cooking.
Two weeks before Christmas we got a new kitten, "Cosmo." He found out that he loved to climb the Christmas tree. And chew on the lights on the pre-lit tree. Grrr! Not a fan!
Kira got a beginner sewing machine for Christmas and we sewed a pieced doll quilt on Christmas day. I can't believe how she is growing up!
Mikey deciding to dress himself after getting out of the bath. Where was I? Maybe I should keep better tabs on my children.
Calvin is seriously obsessed. The minute his friend Scott was home, they were playing soccer. He is constantly kicking the ball in the house. It's practically attached to his foot at any given moment. Last night he was playing street soccer in front of the house in 5 degree weather! CRAZY! But I do love to see him loving something so worthwhile and wholesome so I don't complain (except when he breaks things by kicking his ball in the house).

Comments

  1. Wish we could have been around to see some of these celebrations. And bummer that you were sick. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmo is so cute! Nolan and I are cracking up at the picture of Mikey. Soo funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts