Run The Ridge

Today was the Ridgeline Run. The 5th and 6th graders did a 5k and the younger grades did laps around the school. All of my kids (that go to Ridgeline) were really excited about it today. I was helping with the 5k so I got to go see some of the happenings today. I was playing chess on my phone while I was waiting for the first runners to start coming past my station. The pace runner (an adult) came running towards me with a group of 4 boys and no one else for a while. All of a sudden I hear "Hey! That's my mom!" Calvin was in the lead right behind the teacher (which no one was allowed to pass). I was at 1.4 miles into the 5k (3.2 miles) race course. I fumbled with my phone but couldn't get a picture in time. :( Our neighbor Tanner was in the same group of boys...gotta love those soccer kids! Soccer kids make good runners!

I was so proud of Calvin! When I got back to the school he told me he got 4th place overall in the entire 5k (around 250 students, parents and teachers). I was so proud of him! The other part that makes that a little harder is that they started the students in waves, about 30 seconds apart and Calvin was in the 2nd wave, so he had to make up some ground to catch up with the pacer! He ended up with a time of 23:07. Way better than I could do! Way to go Calvin!

I saw Mikey on the playground lining up to go back to his class after his run. He looked so cute with his t-shirt and water bottle. He was so proud of himself. He said: "Mom, my whole class got 1st place!" beaming with pride. The teachers told them that they were all winners and he wasn't going to let that go!

I didn't get to see Katesie run but she was all geared up in her capri exercise pants, t-shirt, futsal shoes and Nike sweatshirt so I know she looked cute while she ran. ;) I'll get the scoop from her after school.


Calvin with his friends from our ward: Gaige and Cy.


Calvin and Tanner. Calvin got 4th place and Tanner got 2nd place. Nice job boys!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts