Louise The Chicken

I am so happy to be home! I am exhausted and haven’t slept in 36 hours and it’s nearly 2am Paris-time, but I’m so happy to be home! I love to hear the voices of my children playing and laughing, the kids being crazy in the car, Kira playing the guitalele and Kate on the piano, the kids telling me about their day, Calvin getting ready for his soccer game, the boys showing me their new tricks on their “kendama” and little Mikey asking me to hold the broom handle so he can show me how he was the best in his class at the "limbo" today. Oh, and to lie down on my own comfy bed! 

Today I feel like Louise the Chicken. (I wrote about her before here, but I’m certain no one actually read that. Of course, this blog is more of my family journal anyway). Nevertheless, today I feel like Louise the Chicken. Louise longs for adventure far away from the henhouse and goes out on her own to have grand adventures filled with wonder and even danger and excitement. But each time she begins to long for home, so she returns to the henhouse where she tells her friends all about her travels and then sleeps the dreamless sleep of the true adventurer. Today I am happy to be home in my henhouse with my crazy chickens. In the last nine months I have been to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Girls Camp (Zion Narrows), Massachusetts, Germany, Austria, Ireland and France for a total of 65 days! I was born with the travel bug and have longed to see the world from the time I was a little girl. And I still do. I know that wanderlust will return again, but for today and for a while, I’m so happy to be home. And I hope tonight I will sleep the dreamless sleep of the true adventurer. (It might also help that I will have been up for 48 hours when I finally go to bed tonight)!




Comments

  1. AHHH! A happy family! So glad you are home safe. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally read that Louise the Chicken post. And we're all glad to have you home for a while. What a grand adventure you got to enjoy. Now it's time to rest up for your next. Hug to you. It was fun seeing your pretty smile at the game today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts