My Perfect Christmas by Isaac D

I found this in Isaac's Friday folder last week. It's an essay he wrote for school. It's just pretty cute. This is an 8 year old's perfect Christmas! And his handwriting is pretty incredible! I just love this kid! I typed it up exactly as he had it written so pardon the few spelling/grammar errors. :) (Although there really aren't that many!)

"My Perfect Christmas"
by Isaac D
12/5/14

"It was two days until Christmas. Everyone was super excited. It was six-o-clock and it was time to have dinner. What we had for dinner was spaghetti and meatballs. It was delicious. After dinner, everyone got ready for bed. My mom let us watch a Christmas movie. The movie was called, "Penguins of Madigascar." Its very creative, funny, and also very awsome. After the movie was over, we went to bed dreaming about Christmas. The next morning, everyone was super duper excited because it was Christmas Eve! For breakfast we had our favorite meal, which was pancakes, carmel syrup, and blueberries. Only my parents ate the blueberries. Then we went upstairs to play. We played with the train tracks, legos, blocks, and lost kids. The thing that we mostly played was lost kids. Its our favorite game that we like to play. Next we go and ask our mom if we can go outside and have a snowball fight. Mom said, "Yes you can." We got all ready for going outside. When we got out there, we built a wall so it could split up the teams. We did eight games. We won five and the other team won three. I was on the team that won 5 games. When we got inside, me and Mikey raced to the kitchen because we smelled hot chocolate. It felt so good because it was so cold out there! It was 12ºF. It taste like Chocolate with fluffy marshmellows with whipcream. It was about 8:09 at night. Everyone got ready for bed and watched a Christmas movie for about hour and a half. It was called "The Polar Express." We loved it. When the movie ended it was 9:09. After that we went to bed. About a quarter through the night I heard reindeer and bells land on my roof. I woke kate and tolled her, "Santas here!" I said. We tiptoed downstairs and saw Santa. He was going to look at me but I ran to tell mikey and kate. It was 7:00. Everyone ran as fast as they could downstairs. Everyone grabed all their presents and opened them. My presents were exactly what I wanted! I got an ipod, soccer bag, soccer pants, shoes, kendama. It was my perfect Christmas. We did whatever we wanted to do."



Comments

Popular Posts