Cecret Lake and Mount Timpanogos
July 16, 2016
I really wanted to go on a hike today but I was afraid I
would hear complaining when I suggested it. I was pleasantly surprised when the
kids were all for it! We packed up a picnic lunch and headed up to Alta Ski Resort.
The canyon was packed with people and the parking lots were full of people
waiting for the shuttle to take them to the trailhead. We decided that rather
than wait 45 minutes in the shuttle line, we would just hike the extra mile and
a half from the bottom. It was a beautiful hike! There were wildflowers
everywhere and there was hardly anyone on the lower trail. The kids were
troopers and didn’t even complain when it got pretty steep. Isaac found a
perfect rock for our picnic and we spread out our blanket and took in the
beauty surrounding us. It was magical. We missed Calvin and Jeff who were backpacking overnight up to the summit of Mount Timpanogos.
The hike to Cecret Falls was filled with wildflowers.
Jeff and Calvin's campsite at Emerald Lake.
Calvin at the Summit of Timp.



Comments
Post a Comment