10 Miles!

This morning I ran 10 miles! It was on my training schedule but I was still very nervous and not super-thrilled to do it. I mapped out my run on mapmyrun.com and was realizing how FAR 10 miles is! Today I KNOW how FAR 10 miles is! I feel great for having done it. I am really kind of proud of myself. It is really as much of a mental challenge as it is a physical one. It's hard to keep going when it hurts or when it sounds so much easier to walk or cut the run short. But I stuck with it, one foot in front of the other and made it the whole way...no walking, no stopping. I am pretty slow but finishing is my goal for now. I am training for the Utah Valley HALF Marathon on June 12th. I am really glad I have my friend Elena to train with because it's so much more fun and motivating when you're running with someone else (especially someone who is better than you and pushes you to work harder). For the record, I did throw up a little after the run. Running that far on an empty stomach and then downing 80 oz. of water right after you're done (while not drinking any during the run) probably wasn't the best idea. Live and learn, right? I feel fine now, just a bit sore. I DID IT! :) That is the BEST feeling!

Now all I want to do is put my feet up and rest!

Comments

  1. Woo Hoo!!!!!! I am so dang proud of you. And not even a tiny bit better than you. And jealous that the dang bursitis kept me from doing it with you. A lot jealous. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts