Kira's Got Talent!



Last week Kira tried out for the Lehi Flyers Swim Team. She had to be able to swim 4 different strokes at least down and back in the pool: butterfly, front crawl, backstroke and breast stroke. She found out on Wednesday that she made the team. She was SOOOO excited and so proud of herself. Of course, I was too! She starts practices June 1st (every day at 8am for June and July). I imagine she'll be in pretty good shape swimming for an hour every day for two months. Maybe I should try out for the swim team! :)

Kira also has many other talents, one of which is writing. She wrote this poem today in church and I wanted to put in somewhere where she could read it again in a few years so I thought I'd just put it on my blog so it can be entered into our official family journal:

Sacrament
By Kira Davis (age 10)

Once when I was little, quite young and silly too.
I ate the sacrament as fast as I could do.

I ate it, and thought it was a yummy snack.
I took the cup and didn't give it back.

I was young and silly then, but now I know the truth:
The sacrament isn't just a little snack booth.

When I thought it was a snack,
Oh! The knowledge I did lack

But now I know the way it can feel
to have the Spirit oh so near.

Comments

  1. That poem is special! I am so impressed. Way to go Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative poem! She must get it from her mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...she does have talent...and such a sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts