10 Things I love about Kira


Last year I wrote a list of ten things I love about each child on or around their birthday. I think that's a pretty good tradition but am not quite on top of things like I should. Kira's birthday was over a month ago. But I didn't want to miss the opportunity to write a list about Kira.

Ten Things I Love About My Kira...

1. She is kind to all around her. She always tries to include everyone and has a tender heart for those who feel left out. She is always thinking of others.

2. She is generous and selfless. For her birthday this year she asked her friends to not bring any presents but to bring food to donate to the food bank instead. She did this for her sixth birthday as well. How many kids do you know that would sacrifice like that? She is always more concerned about others than herself and always willing to sacrifice for others.

3. She is a hard worker and responsible. She has gotten so good at doing her homework quickly without being asked. She often gets up early to finish or work on schoolwork. She is also so responsible whenever I ask her to help with the other kids or even taking care of her bedroom. I went down yesterday and her bed was made and her dirty clothes put away. I LOVE that!

4. She is FUN! Kira is a lot like her Daddy. She is a lot of fun to be around. She loves life and is happy most of the time.

5. She is smart. So smart! And wise. She has really good insights on things. She also does really well in school.

6. She is oozing with talent! She can sing. Her voice is sweet and beautiful. She also has a talent for the piano and all music. She doesn't always love practicing, but she has a ton of talent and potential. She is also a talented little actress and can draw really well.

7. She loves people. She loves to be around people, talk to people, and help people. I am amazed at how well she can hold a conversation with an adult too! She is polite and respectful but confident and expressive. I love watching her!

8. She is a great leader and makes good choices, even when it's hard to. It doesn't matter who's watching or not watching, Kira consistently makes good choices about her values and standards. She's not embarrassed to stand up for what's right and to help others around her make good choices too. But she's also not judgmental or self-righteous, just a great leader.

9. She is a good friend. Kira loves to do nice things for her friends. She's thoughtful and creative and wants her friends to know how much they mean to her. She is also a good friend to me and is very considerate of my feelings and needs.

10. She loves to learn and is a great reader. Right now she's reading "Chains" a book from the perspective of a young slave girl in the early days of America. She's already got her next book lined up and can't wait to read "The Penderwicks" (no. 3). She loves to share with me the things she reads and apply them to her life. She is fascinated by other countries and cultures and times.

I love you Kira! I am so glad you are my daughter and I get to share this time on earth with you. Keep being awesome! I am LOVING watching you grow up because you are just blossoming into a beautiful, kind, intelligent, talented, spiritual, funny, spirited girl. You are and will be an ambassador for our family! I love you! :) Love, Mom (lots of exclamation points, I know but you're just so awesome, I can't help it)! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts