Kauai - Day 6 - Napali Coast & The Beach

We had a nice, lazy morning this morning. Of course, mine still involved laundry, dishes and picking up clothes off the floor. But still lazy nonetheless. We spent some time at the pool and realized the kids were tired and kind of wanted a slower day. So me and my ADHD vacation mode decided that meant the perfect time to get away for a grown-up hike on the Napali Coast. Everyone agreed and we left the kids to play tennis and hang out.

We drove 10 miles down the coast to the Kalalau trailhead to hike the first 2 miles of the Napali Coast to Hanakapi'ai Beach and back. It was beautiful and adventurous and fun! Just what I wanted! The trail was a little muddy and slippery with a few cliffs scattered here and there. The scenery was stunning and I was with some of my favorite people: Jeff and Elena and Tom. I've had "hiking the Napali Coast" on my "bucket list" since I was 12. I've always wanted to do the entire 11 miles out and 11 back and camp along the way, but that's for another trip someday. We saw people coming back with full packs and I was a little jealous. But we had our fun and adventure and I got a little taste of what it would be like.

We came back to a bit of a mess and the kids watching TV or playing tennis. They were ready for the beach! We loaded up the car and went to Hanalei Bay for some great boogie boarding, body surfing and playing in the water. I love the beach. My kids always seem to get along pretty well at the beach. And of course, it really helps when they have their friends there too!

We came home just before dark, worn out and waterlogged. I LOVE that feeling. When you are so physically tired at the end of the day because you've been outside working/playing all day. Sleep comes so much easier and you feel like you have accomplished something. It feels so good! I wish the kids could have done the hike with us but I think Mikey and probably Isaac would have had a bit of a hard time. But those days of them coming along and wearing me out are coming fast. I will love that too!























Comments

Popular Posts