Love You Forever
Tonight Mikey picked the book "Love You Forever" for me to read to him at bedtime. I haven't read it in a long time. It always makes me cry a little. I remember reading it to Calvin when he was Mikey's age and wiping the tears away as I read it to him. He just kept looking up at me so sweetly and asked why I was crying. I did a little better tonight reading to Mikey but still got a little choked up. It is just so tender the way it describes a mother's love for her son (or daughter) and then the son's love for his mother as she ages.
I remember right after we moved (probably late 2011) I was walking down the hallway and I stopped to listen to Calvin and Isaac in their room. They didn't know I was there and Calvin was reading the same book to Isaac. I sat against the wall outside his bedroom door and listened silently as Calvin read each page to Isaac. As he came to the end of the book, Calvin started to get choked up and started sniffling. I could tell he was crying a little. Then I started to cry too. After they finished I went in their room and hugged them and tucked them in. Calvin told me "That book made me cry, Mom." I knew it was because he understood it. It was one of those moments you cherish as a Mom.
Tonight as I lay down by Mikey and watched him fall asleep I thought about how much I love each one of my children and how even though I think, "This kid is driving me crazy!" sometimes, I still love them forever. When Mikey was almost asleep I whispered "I love you forever. I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
I'm so glad they're mine! And sometimes I really do wish they could stay little forever!
I remember right after we moved (probably late 2011) I was walking down the hallway and I stopped to listen to Calvin and Isaac in their room. They didn't know I was there and Calvin was reading the same book to Isaac. I sat against the wall outside his bedroom door and listened silently as Calvin read each page to Isaac. As he came to the end of the book, Calvin started to get choked up and started sniffling. I could tell he was crying a little. Then I started to cry too. After they finished I went in their room and hugged them and tucked them in. Calvin told me "That book made me cry, Mom." I knew it was because he understood it. It was one of those moments you cherish as a Mom.
Tonight as I lay down by Mikey and watched him fall asleep I thought about how much I love each one of my children and how even though I think, "This kid is driving me crazy!" sometimes, I still love them forever. When Mikey was almost asleep I whispered "I love you forever. I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
I'm so glad they're mine! And sometimes I really do wish they could stay little forever!

Comments
Post a Comment