Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Today we picked up Jason from the Salt Lake
airport to take him to report to the MTC to begin his 2 year mission for the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been called to serve in the
Berlin, Germany mission. He will train for 2 weeks, learning German, studying
the gospel and learning how to teach people who might be interested in learning
more about our church. I am so excited for him and this great adventure and
service he is embarking on. It is quite a sacrifice for a 18 (almost 19) year
old young man to put his college, social and entire life aside for 2 years to
selflessly serve the German people and share the beautiful teachings of Jesus
Christ with others. He is such a solid, mature, hardworking, intelligent young
man. He will be an amazing missionary! We made all the stops on the way to
Provo, saying goodbye to Mikey & Isaac at their school, picking up some last minute white shirts and shoe shine kit, stopping by BYU
soccer camp to say goodbye to Calvin and Kate. Kira was SOOOOO sad she was
going to miss seeing him one last time. Jason has been kind of a “big brother”-uncle
to Kira for her entire life and they have gotten especially close while he’s
been out here going to school the last year. We met up with Matt and Liz and
baby Robbie (adorable) for a last supper at The Brick Oven in Provo. Jason
heard they feed the missionaries for free on the day they go into the MTC and
he couldn’t resist the free meal! ;) I was a little teary watching my baby brother
walk away into the unknown future ahead of him, realizing I won’t see him for 2
more years. I really love that kid and I’m so proud of the man he’s becoming!






One last phone call to Mom. ;)
Comments
Post a Comment