Denver DPL and an Answered Prayer
Calvin spent the weekend traveling to Denver with the Tom and Scott for a soccer tournament. Tom was so nice to take the boys. He planned an awesome "Road Trip" and the boys had a great time playing soccer and hanging out with the team. They lost the first game and won the second two and Calvin felt like he played well! They were able to drive through some beautiful Colorado country, do Baptisms at the Denver Temple, change a flat tire, eat some good BBQ, get samples at Costco for lunch and go to the Priesthood session Saturday night.
While they were swimming in the pool, Calvin lost his brand new retainer (he just got his braces off on Wednesday) in the pool. It's a clear retainer and they looked and looked but just couldn't find it. They said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help them find it. After the Priesthood session, Nick's dad said he felt a prompting that they should go get goggles. Calvin said another prayer and when they got back to the pool, he found it immediately. You might call that coincidence or luck, but Calvin felt that it was an answer to his sincere prayer. I know that Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers, even for a lost retainer! And I know He loves my son and I'm grateful that he felt the Spirit and knew that God answered his prayer that day.
It was a great experience for him this weekend. He had to budget his own money for his food and activities. He contributed for gas and the hotel. And I'm so grateful to Tom and Scott and Nate and Nick for being such great examples to Calvin. I am grateful that we have such good friends!!
While they were swimming in the pool, Calvin lost his brand new retainer (he just got his braces off on Wednesday) in the pool. It's a clear retainer and they looked and looked but just couldn't find it. They said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help them find it. After the Priesthood session, Nick's dad said he felt a prompting that they should go get goggles. Calvin said another prayer and when they got back to the pool, he found it immediately. You might call that coincidence or luck, but Calvin felt that it was an answer to his sincere prayer. I know that Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers, even for a lost retainer! And I know He loves my son and I'm grateful that he felt the Spirit and knew that God answered his prayer that day.
It was a great experience for him this weekend. He had to budget his own money for his food and activities. He contributed for gas and the hotel. And I'm so grateful to Tom and Scott and Nate and Nick for being such great examples to Calvin. I am grateful that we have such good friends!!
Isn't he so cute? (I mean handsome) ;)
Calvin and some teammates at the Denver Temple.
Learning how to change a tire.
At the Priesthood session of General Conference.

Handsome, talented and spritual! (Look out girls) You might consider keeping him locked up! I love that boy!
ReplyDelete