"These Is My Words"

Wednesday, October 14, 2015
I’ve been reading all day today. Shirking all kinds of cleaning and chores and dozens of projects I should be doing. I’ve devoured this book “These Is My Words” about a pioneer woman and her life and trials and dreams and loves over the past day and a half. It is fascinating and heartbreaking and inspiring all at once. I can’t imagine living in constant fear and heartache and turmoil like they had to. It makes me so grateful that I have healthy, good children and a healthy, loving husband and a warm, safe place to sleep every night. It makes my worries seem so small and unimportant.

Mikey stayed home from school today. He threw up in the middle of the night and although he woke up feeling absolutely fine, I still didn’t feel right about sending him to school today, just in case. Since he was feeling just fine, we had a great day reading books, practicing cursive and sharing a salad at Kneaders for lunch. We stopped by Grandma D’s house to drop off the walker she let us borrow for my Mom when she was here. Carmen is always such a cheerful, delightful person to talk to. She just loved seeing little Mikey and kept saying how he is looking bigger and more grown up. I think his face is thinning out a little and losing that baby look, although when we measured everybody on Sunday night, he has only grown a quarter of an inch since February. He was a little disappointed with that. Carmen told me how Clint has been talking funny lately, saying things like he’s got to get  this house all set up for Carmen so when he dies she will be taken care of. They are replacing the carpet on their stairs and putting in an automatic chair so Carmen can go up and down the stairs. It made my heart hurt to even think about Clint being gone. We all love him so much. He is such a pillar of strength in the Davis family.

Tomorrow we are going to St. George with the Tillmans, Vances and Danforths for our annual Fall Break trip. 30 people under one roof! It will be crowded and chaotic but it’s always so much fun!


Comments

Popular Posts