The Davis Family Goes To Europe!
Well, here goes nothing! We are headed to Europe with the whole family for a month long adventure! First stop is Paris for a few days, then on to Switzerland and Italy.
Day 1: Paris, France
So far, so good! The kids have been great. We walked 6 miles the first day and we were so tired we could barely see straight. Honestly, the first day is a bit of a blur and I'm writing this a few days later so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.
We arrived in Paris around 11am and getting to our apartment was a pretty easy, but expensive Uber drive. We checked in and even though we wanted to collapse into our beds, we forced ourselves back out on the streets to keep ourselves awake until at least 8pm so we could try to get adjusted as quickly as possible. I don't usually do this in my everyday life, but I have found that the quickest way to adjust is to use a little caffeine to stay awake during the day and Tylenol PM to fall asleep at night. Kira and Calvin were desperate and resorted to a Red Bull to keep them awake. Yikes!!
We saw the Arc de Triomphe and then walked towards the Eiffel Tower where we wandered through the Trocadero and the little boys played in the fountains to cool off while we rested on the grass. We walked along the Seine River, playing in little parks along the river to try and distract Isaac from his constant hunger while we searched for a creperie along the Champs-Elysees (which did not disappoint). The Nutella-banana crepes were delicious! We made it to 8pm and headed home for the night.
I love all of the windows in our apartment. It's a totally different world to be in a big city apartment. It's kind of interesting to look in all of the other windows and see people living their lives. I saw lots of people watching the World Cup. Everyone showered and climbed into their beds. I fell asleep snuggled up next to Jeff watching the World Cup game and I slept soundly until 7:30am the next morning. All of the kids, except Kira, slept for 12-13 hours!!! Jeff woke up to Isaac sleep walking out of the apartment into the hallway at 1am and he didn't sleep great the rest of the night because he was worried every noise was Isaac wandering again. Plus since there is no AC and it's hot, we have to sleep with all of the windows open and the road noise is pretty loud. I'm used to loud (Jeff snoring) so my earplugs kept me sleeping soundly all night!
Mikey was up around 7am and after Kira fell back asleep, Mikey and I were restless and the two of us headed out to Notre Dame. The others caught up about an hour later. It was fun to wander with just little Mikey as my buddy. He's a pretty great travel buddy!
Day 1: Paris, France
So far, so good! The kids have been great. We walked 6 miles the first day and we were so tired we could barely see straight. Honestly, the first day is a bit of a blur and I'm writing this a few days later so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.
We arrived in Paris around 11am and getting to our apartment was a pretty easy, but expensive Uber drive. We checked in and even though we wanted to collapse into our beds, we forced ourselves back out on the streets to keep ourselves awake until at least 8pm so we could try to get adjusted as quickly as possible. I don't usually do this in my everyday life, but I have found that the quickest way to adjust is to use a little caffeine to stay awake during the day and Tylenol PM to fall asleep at night. Kira and Calvin were desperate and resorted to a Red Bull to keep them awake. Yikes!!
We saw the Arc de Triomphe and then walked towards the Eiffel Tower where we wandered through the Trocadero and the little boys played in the fountains to cool off while we rested on the grass. We walked along the Seine River, playing in little parks along the river to try and distract Isaac from his constant hunger while we searched for a creperie along the Champs-Elysees (which did not disappoint). The Nutella-banana crepes were delicious! We made it to 8pm and headed home for the night.
I love all of the windows in our apartment. It's a totally different world to be in a big city apartment. It's kind of interesting to look in all of the other windows and see people living their lives. I saw lots of people watching the World Cup. Everyone showered and climbed into their beds. I fell asleep snuggled up next to Jeff watching the World Cup game and I slept soundly until 7:30am the next morning. All of the kids, except Kira, slept for 12-13 hours!!! Jeff woke up to Isaac sleep walking out of the apartment into the hallway at 1am and he didn't sleep great the rest of the night because he was worried every noise was Isaac wandering again. Plus since there is no AC and it's hot, we have to sleep with all of the windows open and the road noise is pretty loud. I'm used to loud (Jeff snoring) so my earplugs kept me sleeping soundly all night!
Mikey was up around 7am and after Kira fell back asleep, Mikey and I were restless and the two of us headed out to Notre Dame. The others caught up about an hour later. It was fun to wander with just little Mikey as my buddy. He's a pretty great travel buddy!





















Comments
Post a Comment