Katesie can ride a two-wheeler!





Last week Kate learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. She was over at her friend Kenlie's house and Kenlie can ride without training wheels (for quite a while now). But when Kate saw her friend's little sister (who is the same age as Isaac...almost 3) riding a two-wheeler, I think that finally pushed her over the edge. I think she finally had enough courage to try it. Kristen (her friend's mom) put her on the little bike and gave her a little push and off Kate went. Yes, I feel like a slouch of a mom that I wasn't the one giving her the first push, but she's needed lots of practice since so I've been able to make up on the pushing. Now she can get going on her own and ride all the way down the street and back. And as for why she is riding a "boy" bike. . . Well, last year I ran over Kira's old little bike so we bought Kate a new one. Then Jeff ran over the new one (good thing they're only $35 at Walmart. I think she's finally learned to leave her bike on the grass rather than the driveway). She got a new bike for her 5th birthday this year but it's easier for her to get going by herself on the smaller one that is now Isaac's. Isaac doesn't mind much yet since he's still on the trike and is getting pretty darn good on the razor scooter. I love Katesie's tangled mess of hair flowing behind her!

Comments

Popular Posts