Lobster on the Driveway
A few days ago we were doing the morning routine (which is me asking the kids for the tenth time to do their "top 6" which is our family's 6 things they have to do to get ready for the day i.e. clean up breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed, make bed, laundry in hamper, say prayers). Jeff had just left for work and I was trying to drag everyone back inside from saying goodbye to Daddy. Kate was the last one in and she came running in yelling "There's a lobster on the driveway! AAAAAHHH! There's a lobster! Mommy, come see!" I rolled my eyes sure it was yet another ploy to put off her top 6. I followed her out anyway, mostly to drag her back in, but I got quite a shocker. Sure enough there was a crustacean crawling up our driveway. I had no idea how we could possibly have a crawdad on our driveway. Of course the kids were fascinated (and Kate was a little scared). Calvin was in heaven, picking it up and trying to get it to pinch things. We called the Tillmans and they came over to see the crawdad. Turns out a neighbor boy a few houses down had found it in the Jordan River and put it in their little front yard pond. Apparently it had crawled out of the pond, down the street and up our driveway. So random!

That is funny! sounds like Nate?!
ReplyDelete