Happy 7th Birthday Calvin!
Today Calvin turned 7. I can't believe time is going by so fast. I'm worried that by the time I'm done getting up at night with babies I'm going to have teenagers keeping me up. I just want a few golden years in between.
Calvin is such a great kid. Always easy to please and can go with the flow. Calvin is a very determined kid. When he sets his mind to something he never gives up. He is a very hard worker. Whenever there is a project, he is always the first to help and the last to leave. He has grown up a ton this last year. He is a great reader and my best homework-doer. He loves playing all sorts of sports and is loving basketball the most right now. We got him some NBA wrist bands (which he is sleeping in right now), a sling shot (I love how big of a smile a $5 gift can bring. What 7 year old boy doesn't want a sling shot?), and some flags and a new football. He was thoroughly excited by them. We had some of the Davis family over for cake and ice cream and Sunday dinner. I think he had a great birthday!
A funny side note:
After dinner we wandered over to the Tillmans to visit out on the lawn. I wasn't really working with a full deck by then because I was so tired. I had just put Mikey to bed and gotten Isaac out of the bath and 1/2 dressed. He was running around outside in a diaper and shirt. Sometimes when my kids are half-dressed I call them "naked" as a sort of nickname. Like... "Hey naked, what are you doing out side?" or, "Come here naked and let me get you dressed." Anyway, there was a big circle of people and I was talking to Elena and thinking I needed to get Isaac into bed so I said "I need to go get naked in bed." I didn't even realize what I said until Elena started laughing. The funny thing was I wasn't even talking that loud but Jeff's head turned so fast he almost got whiplash. It's like he has a radar for when his wife says that sort of thing. :)

I'm still laughing at Jeff. And Calvin is truly a great kid. Those big blue eyes twinkle when he smiles. You're blessed to have him.
ReplyDeleteI've been laughing for the last 5 minutes! thanks for making my night, that was hilarious! I can just see Jeff's facial expression now!
ReplyDeleteSo stinkin funny. Did you make that cake? Calvin is great. I think he's a little scared of me though. :(
ReplyDeleteApparently Calvin is shy. I don't see that side of him at home, but I here reports from neighbors. :)
ReplyDelete