Spring Soccer Begins!

Yesterday was Isaac and Kate's first soccer games this Spring. Isaac has literally been asking me since Christmas "When is it my soccer game?" He was so excited, asking every hour "how much longer?"

He did great. It was really fun to watch, actually. (And I've watched my fair share of little kid soccer games). He scored two goals (the only goals scored by his team). He was so proud of himself.

I just loved watching him succeed. I love watching all of my kids succeed. But Isaac has had his fair share of challenges so far. Not to say that it couldn't be much harder and we are definitely so grateful for where he is right now. But a lot of things have been harder with Isaac, so it was fun to see him be the best at something. He was so intense. He gets down in the "ready position" for every throw in and kick off. He plows into the crowd of kids and comes out with the ball. I know it's only preschool soccer, but it's still fun to see him do so well. I think athletics are clearly an area where he will excel. He is one athletic little kid!

Kate did great as well. She was so excited to play. She ran her little heart out and never got tired. She kicked the ball a ton and almost scored a goal once or twice. I love that she loves it and gives it her all. And she looks pretty darn cute in her soccer gear complete with the pink socks over her shin guards (along with every other girl in rec soccer).

Kate is also doing amazing on the piano. I am amazed at how quickly she learns and memorizes songs. She likes to make up songs and try to play songs by ear. She has a lot of talent! She is constantly at the piano recording half of a duet so she can then play it back while she plays the second half of the duet along with it. It's also helped Kira to be more interested and dedicated to playing her songs too. I think a little competition might be just what she needs to step it up a bit. I think Kira has great potential with all things music but she hasn't loved practicing lately. I think this and having Melissa back to practice with her will help a ton. I absolutely love hearing those two girls practice!

Comments

Popular Posts