Tonight Calvin had another soccer game. This time it was up at our school. Kate and Isaac also had soccer practice at the same time at parks close to home and Kira was home watching Mikey while Jeff and I planned on watching Calvin's game. Well, the other team got lost on the way to the game, the ref was late and the teams warmed up forever so the game got started about 30 minute late. By this time Isaac's practice was over but I'd made arrangements for Isaac to get home with a friend so I stayed to watch the game. I never thought to check if he made it home even though I'd talked to Kira several times. I figured he might still be playing with his friend. It turned out that my friend forgot she was bringing him home but immediately went back to the park to get him before she even got home (only a few blocks away). When she didn't see him at the park, she scanned the way home and never saw him so she figured I must have picked him up. But Isaac had remembered that Calvin had a game up at the school (about 1/2 mile away) so he decided to just walk up and find us. He got all the way up there and looked all around (at the park across the street, not at the school where we were). When he couldn't find us there and he had to go to the bathroom he decided to walk/run all the way back home (a little over 3/4 mile). When I asked him if he got lost or how he knew the way he simply said "I didn't get lost, I just went to Calvin's school and back home." I feel so grateful that he is safe. He could have easily gotten lost or hurt or anything. I can't believe he did that! I don't know why he wouldn't have just stayed at the park for a few minutes waiting. Most kids would, right? I just keep picturing my little Isaac running all the way to the school and back looking for me. I am so, so grateful that he is so capable and that he was watched over from above while I ignorantly sat watching Calvin's game. He told me he just kept running and walking all the way home so that no stranger would take him. (No one stopped to talk to him thankfully). What a brave boy. I'm so sorry Isaac. I love you so much and I'm so grateful that you're home with me right now. Sleep tight little Isaac.
On a lighter note, Calvin and Scott scored the only two goals for their team again. They got beat pretty bad. The other team was really, really good. Our boys did really good and even without a single sub in the first half and short a player in the second half. I love that those two seem to always score at least one goal in each game. Way to go boys! :)

That is so sad! I'm glad he's ok!
ReplyDelete