Birthday Fun





I had the best birthday yesterday. Thanks Jeff!

Jeff took the day off and we had a sitter for the kids so we spent nearly the entire day out together. We started off by playing a little tennis. We haven't played in years and we're both quite a few pounds heavier and quite a bit more out of shape than we used to be but it was still a ton of fun. I was clearly dominating Jeff during our rally to warm up. After about an hour of that Jeff wanted to play a real game. Since I was playing well I agreed. To make a long story short, we played 5 games. I won 1. And of the four I lost, I think I scored 3 points total. So much for letting me win on my birthday.

Then we ate lunch at the Trellis Cafe at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect so we ate on on the terrace overlooking the gardens. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was beautiful and of course the company was the best!

Then for the best part. We rented Segways at the Gardens and rode them all over for an hour. They were unbelievably fun. Yes, we couldn't help but feel a little like Paul Blart... but it was a blast! For those of you who are local: DO IT! It is the funnest date.

We came home and got everything ready for a fun little BBQ with a few friends. The kids swam, we talked, Jeff and our friend Adam played guitar and sang for us. Mikey ate his first bit of birthday cake (scavenging off of the grass...oops). It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!

Comments

Popular Posts