The Grand Opening

















The day finally arrived for the Grand Opening of the Davis General Store (the parent company) and its' subsidiaries: Aloha Ice Cream, Sweetilicious Candy Shop, Surfin' Snowies and Snoopy's Snack Shack. (Yes, I have been having WAY too much fun working on this with the kids). Despite the threat of rain, the dark, looming clouds and a bit of thunder it was a big success! We got out the bounce house (25 cents to jump for as long as you wanted), brought out the little slide (free), gave away balloons and sold a TON of candy and ice cream. They did a 50/40/10 split of the profits between the three of them. I think they did pretty well! The kids helped as much as they could. I did go a little overboard with aprons, name tags, bags with our logo, etc. And I give them the seed money to start the business. They'll have to restock with their own profits. They had a great time helping customers, selling stuff, making change and occasionally playing with their friends in the bounce house. It was a ton of fun. We're open again tomorrow if you want to come! ;)

Comments

  1. that is awesome i love aloha ice cream and that is cool how your added the other store i want to come help out sometime :)
    love,
    Mackenzie:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts