Isaac's New Trick
Look what Isaac learned today! This has long been the barrier to the outside world for Isaac and has kept me sane because I know he can't leave the house without me knowing. I'm dreading tomorrow.
Tonight after dinner the kids were in the tub. I got them out, dried them off and finished cleaning up dinner while I told them to go get dressed. A few minutes later Kira comes in the kitchen telling me Isaac is running around naked outside in the front yard. (Sorry if any of my neighbors witnessed my son streaking). I was shocked because he usually can't get out. I was sure someone had left the door open. Then later tonight I went out into the garage to put something in the garbage when I heard Isaac calling my name and banging on the door. A few seconds later he opened the door to the garage. Well, I could guess what he had done but I figured I'd get the camera and verify. He was quite proud of himself.
Thanks to Katesie for showing this nifty technique to Isaac. She figured this one out last week and has been using it a little too often. Isaac's a fast learner.
Tonight after dinner the kids were in the tub. I got them out, dried them off and finished cleaning up dinner while I told them to go get dressed. A few minutes later Kira comes in the kitchen telling me Isaac is running around naked outside in the front yard. (Sorry if any of my neighbors witnessed my son streaking). I was shocked because he usually can't get out. I was sure someone had left the door open. Then later tonight I went out into the garage to put something in the garbage when I heard Isaac calling my name and banging on the door. A few seconds later he opened the door to the garage. Well, I could guess what he had done but I figured I'd get the camera and verify. He was quite proud of himself.
Thanks to Katesie for showing this nifty technique to Isaac. She figured this one out last week and has been using it a little too often. Isaac's a fast learner.

I shouldn't be laughing, should I?
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to not laugh.. he's so proud! Now you'll have to get some locks on the top of your doors! The child locks on the door knobs never stopped Tommy.. at least not very long. He can open the door with it on??
ReplyDeleteAmy-
ReplyDeleteWe have had the same problem with Ella...Zach taught her how to pull the door locks apart. Here is the solution...zip ties. Bryan ziptied all the door locks pretty tight and now Ella can't pull them apart.
What a great idea! Thanks!
ReplyDelete