Weather or Not

Day 16 – June 29, 2016
Wednesday
The alarm was set for 6:30 to be ready for our 7am pick up. We were all set to go snorkeling at Koh Tao even though Jeff and Calvin weren’t feeling well. The weather was windy and gray and a few minutes after we got to the office, they told us they had cancelled our snorkeling trip for the day. So we rescheduled for tomorrow and headed back to the house for some R & R for the sickies. They needed it. Jeff couldn’t be too far from a bathroom for very long so it was probably best. We hung around the house and swam and walked to the Family Mart for some ice cream and read our books and watched movies. We watched “Life is Beautiful” and I cried. The kids watched the entire movie, subtitles and all, shocked and saddened by the story. We had a good conversation about it afterwards.


By 5 o’clock, I was feeling a little restless so I invited whoever wanted to come with me to take a taxi into town and get some dinner and walk around Fisherman’s village. Only the two little boys took me up on my offer. I was nervous bringing the youngest two, by myself, at night, but I was feeling adventurous and curious and they promised to be good. We walked until a taxi drove by and caught a ride into town (about 15 minutes). We found it to be a charming little area with beachfront restaurants and little shops. We ate wood-fired pizza on the beach with our toes in the sand while we watched the sunset behind the islands and sailboats moored offshore. It was pretty magical and the boys were very well behaved. They were in heaven eating pizza. They ate every last piece of their large pizza! I loved sharing a little dinner date with my two handsome boys!

The Spirit House at the little fruit stand where we walk to buy bananas, pineapples and mangoes each day.

The fruit stand also sells gasoline. 

Kira is the best big sister!

The boys sporting their new $3 Ray Ban knock off sunglasses.




They were SOOO happy to eat PIZZA!!





Comments

Popular Posts