Whistle Lake
Monday, July 20, 2015
Whistle Lake
Anacortes, WA
When we were teenagers, my brothers and I loved to go cliff
jumping at Whistle Lake with each other and our friends. We went there dozens
of times and I had fond memories of that place. But it had been 20 years or so
and I wasn’t sure if my memories were accurate as I was dragging my husband and
5 kids down the trail to the lake. I was worried the cliffs would be higher
than I remember and too dangerous for my kids, or maybe I had exaggerated them
and they were just tiny. But I remembered the trail and all the little
landmarks and when we came around the corner and saw the cliffs and the swim
over to them, I realized it was exactly how I remembered it! The cliffs are a
little high, almost too high for us. But we were able to find some lower spots
to jump from. And the swim across was just as short as I remembered so that
wasn’t a worry either. And bonus…the water was warmer than I remembered! We had
a great time swimming and jumping at Whistle Lake today!
Everyone jumped. Even Mikey! He jumped off a lower spot, and
I didn’t have my camera so I didn’t get a picture of it. But he is such a
little trooper, always doing what the big kids do. Isaac and Kate were so brave
too. They kept jumping over and over, getting a little higher each time. Jeff,
Kira, Calvin and I jumped off the lower of the upper cliffs. It was still a
good slap on the water if you didn’t go in at the right angle. The perfect
Monday adventure!
Trail parkour. The boys are obsessed with parkour right now.
Lots of cliff jumping pictures, but I have to put at least one of each person. Except Mikey. He jumped, but I didn't have my camera. He decided once was enough for him this time.












Comments
Post a Comment