A Little Chore Time

After school today the kids and I had some great chore time. They resisted and even complained at first but throw on a little Christmas music and dive right in with them, and they're pretty good. They all did their little jobs and pitched in to make the main floor look beautiful. Close to the tail end of our little chore session I stood for a minute and looked over my little hard-working bunch and smiled. I looked at little Mikey over at the sink doing the dishes. I had a little moment of pride that I was teaching my 5 year old to do the dishes. I almost patted myself on the back. Until upon closer inspection I realized that he was up on the counter with his feet (yes FEET) in the crockpot washing it out. Making lots of bubbles in the crock pot and swishing them around "washing" the dishes. Okay, so I couldn't quite pat myself on the back when he was actually pretending the crockpot was a mini bathtub instead of scrubbing the dishes. Oh well, at least he wasn't complaining! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts