Davis Family Christmas Party

Tonight was our annual Davis Family Christmas Party with Jeff's family. It was a blast like always! We went casual tonight and had pizza and appetizers for dinner. Then Keri read a story and talked about the missing sheep in the Nativity. I was in charge of making a little sheep ornament with the kids to go with the story. I think they turned out pretty cute! Mikey was a great helper this afternoon helping me get everything ready for the craft. He told me "Mom, did you know that one of my talents is helping people?" I thought that was so insightful! And it really is true. He loves to be a helper.

Linda and Cindy ran a whole slew of minute-to-win-it games that were hilarious and fun from the jingle bell shake and nylons on our heads to knock over water bottles to marshmallow basketball. They were a blast. We ended with Grandpa's present game where on Kira's turn she dumped out probably $30 worth of quarters and the cousins scrambled to pick up the coins. Mikey and Isaac cleaned house on that one. After the game Isaac decided he wanted to share his quarters so he walked around the circle handing out quarters until all of his were gone. When he came back to me I could tell he was happy he'd done something nice but a little sad when he looked in his empty cup. Calvin didn't hesitate a second and said, "Isaac, you can have all of my quarters." and gave him his $4 worth of quarters. Isaac hugged him and told him he loved him. It was a sweet little moment.

I am so grateful for such awesome in-laws. Jeff's siblings and spouses and his parents are truly amazing people and I'm so grateful that I get to associate with them. And I'm so grateful to have such awesome nieces and nephews that are such great examples to my kids who are mostly all younger than them.











Comments

Popular Posts