Christmas Concert

Tonight was Kira's Christmas Choir Concert. They sounded fantastic and she looked adorable (as always). Mikey and Kate came with me while Calvin went to futsal training and Isaac stayed home to help Jeff with Young Men's at the house. They wrapped all of the sub-for-santa gifts and made goodie plates for some older folks up in Salt Lake that our neighbor knows. Isaac was totally into it and so helpful. I love it when he is like that. He is so compassionate and thoughtful when he wants to be. I hope he'll want to be more and more the older he gets.

Today I also ran! Woohoo! I ran 2 miles and walked 1. You gotta start somewhere, right? Especially when it's 20 degrees outside and the smog is worse than Shanghai. I was just going to walk but I was so freezing I figured I needed to get a little sweat on to warm up. After I got to my half-way point up at the school I figured I'd try running all the way home. A whopping 1.5 miles! But it felt great, even though I was running in a minimum of 3 layers top and bottom including ski pants and my ski jacket. (I decided the balaclava might look a little scary out running). As I was hitting the home stretch the sun was shining over the mountains, I was warm and I just had to smile. It was a great little running moment when all is right in the world. I'm looking forward to more of those to come! (I guess that means I'd better start running more).

Comments

Popular Posts