Snow Day

It has snowed all day today! How perfect that the first real snow day is a Saturday. The kids were so excited! We quickly remembered how many times the kids come in and out of the house with cold, wet snow clothes. It's a lot.

Anyway, I was a little cold and lazy this afternoon so I helped bundle all the kids up and sent them outside to play and sled in the backyard. Jeff quickly joined them with the four-wheeler and the kids took turns being pulled behind on the sled. They loved it! Mikey was the first one to go and the snow. He was lying on his stomach until the snow piled up so much that it literally pulled him off the sled. He was a white blur when he got up. But he loved it nonetheless!

Later Jeff helped Isaac get the skis and snowboard out to try our little "bunny hill" on the side of the house. I'll be honest, Isaac was a natural on the snowboard! It was pretty remarkable. That kid has got some serious coordination. Each time he skied or snowboarded down, Jeff got to be the "ski lift" to bring him back up to the top of the hill. Lucky kid! (And what an awesome Dad)!

It's 5:15 and all the kids are inside, cozied up with hot chocolate. The girls and their friends are playing "Just Dance" on the Wii and the boys and their friends are happily playing "Tell Tale" at the table. I'm sitting by the fire reading and writing while Jeff is hard at work outside snow-blowing the driveway. No one is fighting and we're listening to Christmas music in the background. It is a perfect moment! I love it when those happen! It's like a little Mommy pay-day. $$














Comments

Popular Posts