Family

I set a goal yesterday to try to write at least 1 line per day in a journal. So here goes!

Today in Sunday School someone mentioned an article he had seen this week where a 26 year old posted an ad on Craigs List this week to rent a family for Christmas. The ad read:

“I am looking to rent a mom and dad who can give me attention and make me feel like the light of their life just for a couple of days because I really need it.” 

Dozens of families responded to her ad and offered to take her in for free. She had a troubled past with abusive parents and ended up on the streets for years before she decided to turn her life around. She just wanted to know what it would be like to spend time with a loving family. She said,  I’ve never felt the touch of my Mom hugging me and holding me. I don’t know what it’s like to look in my dad’s eyes and feel love instead of hatred.” 

Her story reminded me how grateful I am to have grown up in a loving family and with loving parents in a stable home. I am also so grateful that I have a family of my own now with a loving husband and 5 awesome kids. Even though they have spent most of the day making messes and fighting, I'm still grateful to be their mom and have them in my family! I want my kids to grow up feeling loved and appreciated and to feel like they are the light of my life. It really is a priceless gift.


Comments

Popular Posts